Telstra Store Wangaratta
2km Primary School Aged
Distance = 2.0km
|Start times:||9:45am - Racers (Sunday 25/2/18)*
10:00am - Chasers (Sunday 25/2/18)*
|Presentations:||The 2km event will be timed and all children will receive a finishers medal. There will be no official placings or prizes for fastest finishers in this event. All finisher times will be listed on the website.|
|On day entries:||There are no on-day entries available.|
|Cutoffs:||NIL. All children are encouraged to enter this event and walk or run. Participation is the key here and we would like to have up to 1000 entrants in this event.|
|Aid Stations:||Water will be available from cups at approximately 1.0km.|
|Notes:||This event is for primary aged children only. Parents / carers can accompany their children but must still register and will be required to start with their children in the "Chases" wave. Full details available on the Primary Schools page.|
- ~ Start at rear of Norm Minns / Showground complex.
- ~ Run toward the rear gates of the complex and turn left onto the gravel just before the gates.
- ~ Run along the gravel track, then turn left where the gravel road intersects with another gravel road.
- ~ Run along the gravel track until it meets the sealed section.
- ~ Turn right and run around the sealed internal roadway of the complex.
- ~ Run back across the start mat and complete a second lap.
- ~ Toward the end of the second lap, turn right onto the grass where directed.
- ~ Run across the grass and over the finish line.
- ~ Celebrate!
Link to interactive map: Click HERE
The course is virtually flat. Maybe 2 or 3m of total elevation change.